AM2PM GROUP HOLDINGS LTD
MODERN SLAVERY STATEMENT
This statement is made as part of the commitment of AM2PM Group Holdings Ltd to eliminate the exploitation of people under the Modern Slavery Act 2015 (the Act). It summarises how AM2PM Group Holdings Ltd operates, the policies and processes in place to minimise the possibility of any problems, any risks we have identified and how we monitor them, and how we train our staff.
1. Our Business
AM2PM Group Holdings Ltd (AM2PM) acts as a holding company for the following subsidiaries and accordingly, the policies and practices implemented in accordance with this statement and the policy referred to below will be implemented by each of the Group’s subsidiary undertakings.
– AM2PM Recruitment Solutions (Birmingham) Ltd
– AM2PM Retail Services Ltd
– AM2PM Manufacturing Services Ltd
– AM2PM Industrial Solutions Ltd
– AM2PM Training Solutions Ltd
Our companies offer a range of services, covering the supply both temporary and permanent labour, the provision of an onsite managed service solution, providing funded and commercial training courses and the supply of workwear.
As part of our business, we work with the following organisations:
– The Gangmasters Licencing Authority
– the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (www.rec.uk.com)
2. Our Processes for Managing Risk
We have identified that the recruitment sector of our business holds the biggest risk to labour exploitation.
AM2PM Recruitment Solutions (Birmingham) Ltd, supply workers to hiring companies throughout the UK. We hire some of the workers directly, who are directly recruited by our staff. Some workers May be hired directly by other businesses. Some of these workers operate through their own limited companies. We facilitate supplying a mix of these workers to the hiring companies.
Risks are managed through our direct recruitment process by:
– All staff responsible for recruiting and sourcing workers are trained and required to sign up to a set of Registration Principles that govern their methods of recruiting new staff
– We use systems that include checks that must be completed before engaging workers, including right to work checks, face to face interviews, obtaining references
– We use software to validate eligibility to work
– We are able to highlight if the same addresses or bank details are being used by more than one worker
– We carry out monthly internal audits of our own offices and onsite locations to ensure that our high standards, policies and practices are being met.
In order to minimise the risks of modern slavery within our supply chains we:
– Require all suppliers to complete questionnaires outlining their policies and processes
– Reserve the right to conduct spot-checks of the businesses who supply us, in order to investigate any complaints.
– Only authorise senior members of staff to sign contracts and establish commercial relationships in any area where we have identified the potential for risk.
– ensure that all of our suppliers are members of appropriate industry bodies and working groups.
– Encourage our staff to bring any concerns they have to the attention of management.
3. Our Training
All of our staff receive training and support that is appropriate to their role. In particular, our HR personnel undertake training courses that include guidance around modern slavery and human trafficking, as well as other wider human rights issues.
All of our staff receive awareness-raising information around issues involving modern slavery and human trafficking, so that they can bring any concerns they have to the attention of management. As part of this, our staff are encouraged to discuss any concerns that they have.
4. Our Policies
AM2PM has a policy on preventing hidden labour exploitation available here.
In addition, AM2PM has the following policies which incorporate ethical standards for our staff and our suppliers.
– AM2PM Anti-Bribery and Corruption Policy
– AM2PM Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
This statement is published in accordance with section 54 of the Act, and relates to the financial year March 2015 to March 2016.
Alan McGeorge & Peter McSheffrey
Owners & Directors of AM2PM Group Holdings Ltd