This statement is published in accordance with section 54 of the Act and relates to the financial year April 2022 to March 2023. It was approved by the Directors/Owner on 11th November 2022.
Owner & Director of AM2PM Group Holdings Ltd
1. Our Business
AM2PM Group Holdings Ltd (AM2PM) acts as a holding company for the following subsidiaries and accordingly, the policies and practices implemented in accordance with this statement and the policy referred to below will be implemented by each of the Group’s subsidiary undertakings.
- AM2PM Recruitment Solutions (Birmingham) Ltd
- AM2PM Recruitment Services Ltd
- AM2PM Industrial Solutions Ltd
- AM2PM Staff Solutions Ltd
Our companies offer a range of services, covering the supply both temporary and permanent labour, the provision of an onsite managed service solution and the supply of workwear.
All of the hirers that we work with, and all of the work-seekers we provide, are known to and identified by our staff. All of the temporary workers we supply are identified by our staff. Some of these work-seekers operate through their own limited companies. Some of our work-seekers are supplied via other businesses, who facilitate providing them to the eventual hiring company.
The hiring companies that we work with are located in the UK. The workers we supply also live in the UK.
As part of our business, we work with the following organisations:
- The Gangmasters and Labour Abuse Authority (www.gla.gov.uk)
- The Recruitment and Employment Confederation (www.rec.uk.com)
- Stronger Together (www.stronger2gether.org)
- Association of Labour Providers (Association of Labour Providers)
2. Our Processes for Managing Risk
We have identified that the recruitment sector of our business holds the biggest risk to labour exploitation.
AM2PM Recruitment Solutions (Birmingham) Ltd. AM2PM Staff Solutions Ltd and AM2PM Recruitment Services Ltd, supply workers to hiring companies throughout the UK. We hire some of the workers directly, who are directly recruited by our staff. Some workers may be hired directly by other businesses. Some of these workers operate through their own limited companies. We facilitate supplying a mix of these workers to the hiring companies.
Risks are managed through our direct recruitment process by:
- All staff responsible for recruiting and sourcing workers are trained and required to sign up to a set of Registration Principles that govern their methods of recruiting new staff
- We use systems that include checks that must be completed before engaging workers, including right to work checks, face to face interviews, obtaining references
- We use software to validate eligibility to work
- We only pay into bank accounts in the name of the worker (and require evidence of this)
- We are able to highlight if the same addresses or bank details are being used by more than one worker
- We carry out monthly internal audits of our own offices and onsite locations to ensure that our high standards, policies and practices are being met.
In order to minimise the risks of modern slavery within our supply chains we:
- Require all suppliers to complete questionnaires outlining their policies and processes including commitments around modern slavery, human trafficking, forced labour, human rights, and whistle-blowing.
- Reserve the right to conduct spot-checks of the businesses who supply us, in order to investigate any complaints.
- Only authorise senior members of staff to sign contracts and establish commercial relationships in any area where we have identified the potential for risk.
- Ensure that all of our suppliers are members of appropriate industry bodies and working groups.
- Encourage our staff to bring any concerns they have to the attention of management.
3. Our Training
All of our staff receive training and support that is appropriate to their role. In particular, our HR personnel undertake training courses that include guidance around modern slavery and human trafficking, as well as other wider human rights issues.
All of our staff receive awareness-raising information around issues involving modern slavery and human trafficking, so that they can bring any concerns they have to the attention of management. As part of this, our staff are encouraged to discuss any concerns that they have.
4. Our Policies
AM2PM has a policy on preventing hidden labour exploitation available upon request.
In addition, AM2PM has the following policies which incorporate ethical standards for our staff and our suppliers.
- AM2PM Anti-Bribery and Corruption Policy
- AM2PM Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
- AM2PM Ethical Trading Policy
- AM2PM Whistleblowing Policy
AM2PM’s policies are established by our senior leadership team, based on advice from HR professionals and industry best practice and legal advice. We review our policies on a regular basis, or as needed to adapt to changes.